Monday, June 16, 2008

Flood Update

Here's the latest (via the internet) from IC. The river has crested, earlier than predicted. However, reports are saying that the flood waters are going to remain high for a few weeks. The university expects to open classes next Monday, but we'll see. I'm sure there will be a lot of work to be done.

Here's an arial picture from today of the UI campus that was the worst hit. Some of these buildings include the student union, the art museum, and the music, journalism and english/philosophy buildings.

Parkview church is still just as flooded as yesterday. I just saw feed of the church on CNN. I think that the church is going to have reaching influence beyond what they could have imagined before the flood.
Right now, I think that these words from Jack Johnson (who we are going to see in concert on Saturday) are very fitting.
All at once
The world can overwhelm me
There’s almost nothing that you could tell me
That could ease my mind
Which way will you run?
When it’s always all around you
And the feeling lost and found you again
A feeling that we have no control
There’s a world we’ve never seen
There’s still hope between the dreams
The weight of it all could blow away with a breeze
But if you’re waiting on the wind
Don’t forget to breathe
Because as the darkness gets deeper
We’re sinking so we reach for love
At least something we can hold
But I’ll reach to You
From where time just can’t go

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erin and I have been thinking of you since we heard about Iowa City. We are glad you are safe and appreciate the updates on your blog. We certainly hope it will be safe to return soon.