Saturday, December 29, 2007

"They're tryin' to make me go to rehab"

My cast is off now, and i'm begining the rehab process. Wow, is it painful! My arm and hand were feeling nice and cozy in that cast, as heavy and bothersome as it was. Now that it's off, every movement (fingers or wrist) sends shooting pain up my arm. So, I constantly dread the physical therapy exercises I have to do 6 times a day. When I first got my cast off, I couldn't straighten my fingers, or come anywhere near making a fist. I can straighten my fingers now, but as you can see, I still have a very long way to go.

Me, trying to make a fist
It's amazing how much more dominant my left hand is becoming. It feels so strange to even use my right hand anymore. I have to remind myself that I can use it at all. At this rate, I'll be eating with my feet soon.

Tomorrow we're leaving for sunny SC. We'll be staying with Arie's mom, so hopefully we can make it over to Asheville to Tupelo Honey for some down home southern cooking. mmm...I'll take the sweet potato pancakes AND the fried green tomatoes AND the vegetarian eggs benedict on freshly baked biscuts, please. Julie's New Year's Eve wedding should be a blast. Although, I can't believe her wedding is the exact same time as the Clemson-Auburn bowl game. Of all the Clemson fans!

2 comments:

Mary Beth Spann said...

Your hand looks scary in that picture. Very Cabbage-Patchish. I hope that rehab is going well and that you are able to move it more and more!!

Dewa said...

i know! doesn't it?! it was so swollen. i think it's gone down quite a bit since then.